At GPC, it is a requirement for all workers with children and youth, and all persons in leadership roles of any kind to have up to date Breaking the Silence training and a government mandated Working With Children Clearance number.
Below are the instructions for fulfilling your Working With Children Clearance requirements. If you have any questions, please speak to Vaughan or one of the elders.
How to obtain and verify your WWCC
If you don’t have a WWCC, follow these steps:
- Fill-out an online application form. Click here. After you complete the form, you will be emailed an Application Number.
- Within 14 days, take your Application Number to Service NSW along with some identification. The nearest Service NSW is located at Church Street, Mudgee.
- You will receive a Clearance Email from The Office of Children’s Guardian notifying you of your clearance.
- Fill-out the Conduct Protocol Unit’s WWCC online registration form.
- Forward your Clearance Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
If you currently have a valid WWCC, just perform steps 4 and 5 above.
If you are registered already with the church, but your WWCC is being renewed:
- Your clearance will expire after 5 years. 3 months before the expiry date you will be sent notification with instructions for renewing. We will also contact you with a reminder when within that 3 month period. If, for some reason, you don’t receive that notification from the Office of Children’s Guardian, you can go to this page to start the renewal process.
- When you have your renewal Clearance Email, forward it AND your date-of-birth to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please note that your clearance must be re-verified by the church.
Are all your details with the Office of Children’s Guardian up-to-date?
Penalties can apply if they are not updated. Click here to go to the update page.